“Castiglione in Teverina is a town located on the border between Lazio and Umbria, located on a hill overlooking the Tiber valley.
Its territory was inhabited by Villanovians and Etruscans. The current town was built around the year 1000: around a fortress and in 1351 the inhabitants of the destroyed Paterno were transferred there. In the Middle Ages it was a fief of the Monaldeschi della Cervara and the Savelli. Sold to the Farnese in 1539, it was part of the Duchy of Castro until 1637, when the Castiglionese, tired of passing from one master to another, redeemed themselves. Castiglione experienced significant events in the Risorgimento, particularly after 1860, when, still being part of the Papal State, it found itself less than a kilometer from the border from the Kingdom of Italy, in which it was annexed on 18 September 1870, two days before the breach of Porta Pia.
History, art and culture of Castiglione in Teverina can be enhanced thanks to technology, which is why we have decided to be part of the free and free national wifi network created by Infratel Italia ”.
Ulteriori informazioni su questo testo di originePer avere ulteriori informazioni sulla traduzione è necessario il testo di origine