“The municipality of Ottati is located in the Cilento, Vallo di Diano and Alburni Mountains National Park on the slopes of the Alburni Massif, 530 meters above sea level. It is dominated on the north side by a cliff that protects it from the rigors of the winter climate and on which you can see the caves inhabited by the Basilian monks then used as shelters for flocks and shepherds.
The town was founded in the year 1100; at that time the economy was based on sheep farming, from this assumption also derives the name of Ottati, which from the Latin, "optatus", indicates that the shepherds opted for this place that is well suited to pastoralism.
In the Middle Ages Ottati was first a fief of Capece Galeota, later the property of numerous noble families. Resources from the rubble to which Frederick II of Swabia reduced it and in 1700 the village belonged to the powerful Caraguso-Mariconda family.
The task of our administration is also to enhance history and nature, real resources of our community, which with the participation in the Wifi Italia project has become part of a public and free network ".