“The origins of the village are very ancient and some scholars trace them back to the period of Roman domination. The toponym Dosso, also called Dosso della Scaffa or Podium della Scaffa, was found in a document dated 1332 to describe the locality which was the subject of a dispute concerning the boundaries between the lords of Mirandola and Mantua. Also in a document of 1475 by Andrea da Schivenoglia the place is called Dosso della Scaffa towards the Gardignagolla - Gardignola. The area, which is considered the matrix of the current town of San Giovanni del Dosso, was originally a large swamp. On the edge of this swamp the village of San Giovanni developed in the Middle Ages and a Matildic church was built on whose foundations, in 1616, the current parish church dedicated to San Giovanni Battista was erected. The church devastated by the 2012 earthquake that hit the neighboring area was reopened in June 2021 after a restoration, restoration and seismic improvement of the entire building.
Not only the church was subject to intervention but many public and private buildings were rebuilt after the earthquake. Now the country is reborn and all those activities that were dormant even as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic are being reactivated.
Therefore, the possibility of reopening parks, gardens and public buildings equipped with functioning Wifi makes the same spaces more usable by the Dossese community.
Our administration has decided to be part of the public Wifi Italia network with conviction and therefore provide an additional service to citizens, with hotspots installed in the school complex and the multipurpose hall of the Municipality. "