“The territory of Prarostino is located in the south-western part of the provincial territory, in the Val Chisone, between San Secondo di Pinerolo, Bricherasio, Angrogna and San Germano Chisone. Of medieval origin, it has an economy based on traditional agricultural activities. The Prarostinesi also live in the locality of Rocco and in numerous smaller urban areas, including Ruata with the largest number of residents, as well as in numerous scattered houses. The mountainous territory extends between 425 and 1,325 meters above sea level.
In some medieval documents the locality appears as “Villare Aldinum” (1064) and “Villare Eudinum”. The current name is probably linked to "rostra", 'cataract'. Its meaning will therefore be 'wet meadow, rich in springs'. The first writings date back to 1064 and to the time when the Countess Adelaide of Susa donated it to the abbey of Santa Maria di Pinerolo. At the beginning of the thirteenth century, a large Waldensian community settled there, which in 1655 was severely hit by the repression of the Catholic reform. During the period of fascism, it was annexed to the municipality of Roccapiatta. As for the historical-architectural heritage, the most valuable elements are represented by the Waldensian temple, dating back to the seventeenth, and the lighthouse of the Resistance, built in 1967.
Participation in the Piazza Wifi Italia Project for our administration represents attention to new technologies in order to offer more and more services to citizens ".